PRINCES RISBOROUGH GOLF CLUB
AL’s CAPTAIN’S DAY 6th AUGUST 2022
(scroll down for Application Form)
- To celebrate the Captain’s year in a fun and enjoyable way with a round of golf and after with a social gathering of the golfers and their friends and family.
- To include as much as is possible all sections of the club including men, women, seniors, juniors, Bruce, and management in the day.
- To raise a little more funds for the Captain’s Charity – the MS Society
- The golf will be a mixed fourballs, (including juniors where possible), better ball Stableford prize competition, together with individual prize Stableford competitions for men (including seniors), women, and juniors.
- We are targeting a team structure of 2 men, 1 lady and where possible and practicable a junior. Where people want to form their own teams we have created space within the application form to accommodate this
- Men and seniors will play off yellow tees, ladies off red tees and juniors off blue tees.
- The men are playing for the Captain’s Trophy, which is a Club Board competition open to all men with an active HI.
- A current HI will be required for all players with the possible exception of some juniors where they do not have a registered handicap but do have a suitable temporary playing handicap based on their previous rounds.
- Shotgun start at 09.00
- Prizes will be sponsored by the Captain and others as appropriate.
- For 7-day golfers there is no cost for the golf but for 5-day members there is a charge of £10 which will need to be paid direct to the club. This will also apply to any guest golfers.
Food & Drink
- There is a buffet meal after the golf for all players and their friends and family.
- There is a small contribution required from all golfers and their friends and family of only £8 per person payable upon registration, either by CASH or CHEQUE payable direct to A. Bowyer. You can also pay direct by BACS to Mr A P Bowyer & Mrs C Bowyer. HSBC. Sort 40-23-26 A/C 61040502
- Drinks as normal will be available to purchase from the bar.
- It is also intended to run a ‘half-way house’ for coffee, etc available free to all golfers.
Other Competitions, etc on the day
- Depending on circumstances there will be some other competitions, and these will be detailed on the day.
Charity Fund Raising – for the MS Society
- It is intended that there will be some charity fund raising on the day, but this is not the primary objective.