The R&A Women in Golf Charter
A commitment to a more inclusive culture within golf
We, Princes Risborough Golf Club call on everyone involved in golf to play their part in developing a culture that values women’s involvement in every aspect of the sport, from participating to pursuing a career.
- Our aim is to increase the number of women and girls playing and working in golf.
- To achieve this goal and to enable women to flourish throughout golf, we recognise the need for a fundamental shift in culture. There is a clear ethical need for change and the potential economic benefits of growing the sport through more women and girls playing are substantial.
- The R&A commits to playing a leading role in this process and to working with affiliates, partners and the wider golf industry towards achieving this goal.
- In signing this Charter, we, Princes Risborough GC commit to making tangible efforts to develop a welcoming and inspiring environment for women. We will do more to attract women into golf, to remain, and to have rewarding careers.
- Is a statement of intent from the golf industry and Princes Risborough GC, to unite and to focus on gender balance at all levels within golf
- Commits us to supporting measures to increase the number of women, girls and families playing golf
- Calls for positive action to encourage women to pursue careers in all areas of the sport
- Recognises the need for change that creates an inclusive environment within golf and our golf club
PRGC commit to activate this Charter by:
- Developing and implementing an internal strategy for enhancing gender balance at every level
- Establishing senior management responsibility and accountability for gender balance and inclusion, which is discussed and reviewed at committee/board level with Princes Risborough Golf Club
- Strongly advocating more women and girls playing and working in golf.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop and embed a more inclusive culture.
- Promoting the Charter and our goal of encouraging more women and girls to play golf and work in golf.
How we at Princes Risborough GC Plan to achieve this...
- Actively promote the Ladies Academy – an initiative to encourage new lady golfers
- Deliver a Women on Par event in 2022 (potentially 2021)
- Formally promote inclusion to the wider community via the club website, social media accounts and local community groups
- Target a min. 30% share of Total Academy memberships for women and promote a membership pathway, for women/girls and families to progress within the club
- We have designated Ambassadors within the club who can assist and support new participants and members – Brian Fowler (men/families) Sue D’Arcy and Jill Peppett (women)
- We have appointed designated Charter Champions within the club who will promote and report on the Charter – Gary Tubb and Sarah Tietjen
We have an annual business plan in place to ensure that this inclusive commitment remains robust...