Princes Risborough Golf Club
Winter protocols on the course
1 Winter Rules
These became effective on Monday 01 November and will stay in place until 30th March 2022 or until such time as the greenkeeping team think is necessary.
The playing rule is as follows:
- When on the fairway or in the cut grass around the fringes of the green, mark, pick, clean and place your ball within 6 inches, no nearer the hole
2 Protecting Fairways
Some important points to note:
- Personal Golf Trolleys: Only trolleys with “hedgehog wheels” fitted may be taken on to the fairways or the surrounds of the green. If your trolley does not have “hedgehog wheels” fitted you must keep that trolley on the designated paths or in the rough.
- Club Golf Trolleys: have all been fitted with hedgehog wheels for the winter and can be hired from the clubhouse
- Buggies: for as long as possible Buggies will be available to members but must be kept on the paths or in the rough at all times. They must not be driven on the fairway or the surrounds of the greens
3 Greens and Bunkers
- Never ever take your trolley between a greenside bunker and the green. Always progress to the outside of the bunker and never the nearside
- Repair pitch marks, replace divots and rake bunkers after use ready for the next player
- Take full relief from bunkers in development. You must not play any shot with your feet on the new turf. If your ball is in the sand move it to a place in the sand where you can stand and play. If your ball is in the new turf drop outside the bunker to the rear or side but no nearer the hole