Princes Risborough Golf Club
Men’s Competition Update: June 2020
Well, what a year we have had so far!! The dump from Trump giving us the wettest winter in years, only to be followed by the best Spring most of us can remember. And through that wonderful Spring-NO golf!
The impact of Covid-19 has been severe on our United Kingdom and will continue to be so for a long time to come. The enforced social distancing was very necessary and forsaking a few weeks of golf for the betterment of the Nation’s health was an easy call to make.
We are now in the early stages of emerging from the lockdown and have been able to return to 9 hole golf within the discipline of the social distancing rules. With effect from Saturday 13th June we have returned to planned 18 hole golf and with effect from 01 July we can commence our revised programme of competitive golf.
We are not out of the woods yet with regards to Covid-19 so I make no apologies for repeating the essential Play Safe: Stay Safe mantra of Golf England:
PRIOR TO GOLF
- Book your tee time in advance direct with Sarah or by using the website
- Aim to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your booked tee off time
- Follow the club’s one way reporting system and the one in and one out model for checking in
- Have your personal ID ready for inspection by the club
- Stay a minimum of 2 metres distant from all others at all times
DURING THE ROUND
- Stay a MINIMUM of 2 metres distant from all your playing partners at all times, anywhere on the course
- Only handle and touch your own golf kit
- Do NOT pick up stray golf balls!!
- With no rakes in the bunkers, please make every effort to smooth the sand using your club or your feet
- NEVER touch the flagstick
- Take your own rubbish home with you
AFTER THE ROUND
- Exit the course to the car park
- Do not linger even at a social distance
- Head home-safely
MEN’S COMPETITION GOLF
We will commence our competitive golf from 01 July and the planned diary for July is listed below. The men’s white tees will go out from that date.
- Men’s Summer knock out matches: these matches can start. Competitors should make arrangements for their matches, book their tee times and play. No cards are required. The draw sheets will be on the web site. Winners are asked to email Barry at email@example.com with the match result. Barry will then arrange for the result to be loaded on the web site.
- Monthly qualifiers and board competitions: These will be played as per the schedule. All participants will be required to complete a card. To avoid the “swapping” of cards, the card will annotate the participants personal score as the Marker ‘s Score and their playing partner’s score as Player A. The Marker must sign the card and write their name in block capitals-please. There is no requirement for Player A to countersign the card. This is little different from what we normally do but avoids two people handling one card and the risk of cross contamination.
- Completed cards and results: the competition box will be placed in the lobby area of the main reception and all cards must be placed in this box after completion. Our handicap secretaries, wearing suitable PPE, will retrieve the cards after a suitable dwell time, again to avoid cross contamination. The results will be published on the web site and the winners notified by email
- Entry Fees: these will be collected by BACS transfer. In due course all participating players will be advised of the entry fees they owe, less any winnings, for the competitions they have played in. Members will be asked to pay this sum to the members funds via BACS. We may do this monthly or quarterly depending on how the lockdown rules progress. Please remember these fees go to your own members funds and are used to provide for trophies, cash prizes, members facilities and events
- Honesty and integrity: these are at the heart of golf and we assume all PRGC members are honest golfers. Participants must declare their intention to play in the competition on the first tee and then fulfil that intention by submitting the card. Members will be held to account by their playing partners and their conscience should they have a bad round and even think of not submitting their card!
- Bunkers: in Competition all bunkers are in play. As there are no rakes, we will adopt a temporary rule whereby preferred lies can be taken in the bunker within one club-length of the original spot and not nearer to the hole than that spot
- Hole and Holed: In accordance with Golf England advice our hole liners have been set in a way that means all of the ball cannot be below the surface of the putting green so the ball is considered holed if it is at rest with any part of it below the surface of the putting green. In competition golf, it is a requirement that the ball is holed in this manner. There will be NO Gimmees in any board competition or monthly qualifiers. In the club knock out competitions only, gimmees are of course permissible.
JULY 2020 COMPETITION SCHEDULE
Tuesday 07 Seniors Medal
Friday 10 & Fowler Bowl (mixed competition for players with handicap of 19 and higher: yellow and red tees)
Friday 17 Club Monthly Stableford
Tuesday 21 Grandads Cup
Friday 24 The Spring Stableford
Good luck to one and all. Whether it is the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning, STAY SAFE.
13th June 2020